The Fool Returnz

 In case you were thinking what the hell was up with me these last few months, well, you're too kind, to be honest but I appreciate it all the same. 

What a terrible, TERRIBLE few months it was.

I wish I could forget it all and start anew but I know that's one thing that's not going to happen so-

My exams were going lukewarm to be the most optimistic, and my head was overloaded with pressure, not just from my future prospect banging unceremoniously upon my frail wooden door, but also from the pressure of so many people who had helped me up and supported me all these years, and from seeing them wince in pain and disappointment when I welcome another failure and hide it immediately. I was in the worst mental conditions I ever was in in my entire eighteen-year-old life. 

I fortunately have some visionary people as my well-wishers who kept me looking forward towards the far future, saying I should scope out my objectives to the next big milestone -- post-grad study. 

However, my life took a sudden highly-climactic turn eight days ago that somehow brought almost everything wrong in my life back on track. 

I received a call from an esteemed college that I had my eyes on but didn't think would get into as it was really stringent and particular in its admissions, especially the undergraduate admissions in physics, the subject I wanted to major in, and their admission test format is totally unique, different from all other exam systems. I had qualified for the exam, but my rank was not so high that I would be fully sure that I would be selected for admission.

Among loads of bad news coming every day and making me go deeper and deeper into that ravine of hopelessness and despair, imagine my shock, when I suddenly, and in the most unexpected of situations, received a call from that institution, instructing me to approach the institute for admission the very next day.

My family AND I were too shocked to be overjoyed, and we were assisted by Lady Probability, in securing transits to cover more than 500 km of land within the next morning. 

And the rest, isn't history yet, but I will make it a glorious one.

It's a strict disciplinarian college, where even electronics are highly discouraged, so I am currently typing this on Terminal 27 of the E-Library, the only place where we can use the Internet without being penalised. I am sure that the pressure they're placing on us will help me in my future prospects, though right now, what I'm more worried about is how will I cover more than a month's worth of freaking-difficult physics topics (classes started in mid-August).

But what I did learn was... nothing much.

It isn't in your hands, after you've done your part.

Then all you can do is wait for Probability to either bless you or ignore your existence.

I've been ignored most of the time, but I'm glad she noticed me in this crucial moment.

My best wishes to those who received good news within these few months, and my hopes are with those who are looking forward yet for them to arrive.

They won't let me use this for long, and I got a mountain of assignments waiting beside me, so I'll run now.

Peace.

Comments

Popular Posts