cbse english is meh for us icse folks (no offence, cbse buddies)
another Final over, not that it was much of a pressure for people like us. For further explanation, read Title.
we got 5 days to prepare, so it must've been pretty comfortable for anyone, i guess.
Didn't feel a bit stressed out, was quite chill this time. My archenemy, Chemistry, has already passed, so nothing seems like a threat anymore, fortunately. Regardless of such matters of little concern, the paper was pretty nice and easy, so that's all there is to that.
I hadn't been keeping track, but apparently news just dropped about the new image of the Supermassive black hole in the center of our galaxy, Sagittarius A* , taken by the same team that worked on the one taken a few years back of the much huger M87; i had to study the official research article they published about the M87 image for an exam, and the image is scientifically beautiful. There are a few similarities between this image and the M87 image, but activity-wise, they are totally different. A member of the team said that M87 was special because it was extraordinary. Sagittarius A* is special as it is totally ordinary. M87 is much, much larger than Sag A* (which makes me question the definite meaning of "Supermassive"), and accretes, or sucks in matter from around it much much more than our resident supermassive black hole does (if compared to a human being, Sag A* eats one grain of rice every ten lakh, or one million years). For more comparison between these two iconic and revolutionary images, go here.
It's been more than 4 months since I actually wrote that much about a space-based news topic. This exam season has been taking a lot out of me.
Also, I follow a Telegram channel that posts interesting stuff about the human body and information about many medical procedures. I had read about Caesarean section in Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns, it sounded real, real painful for the mother, but I had never seen a biologically correct infographic about it, until yesterday.
Boy, oh boy.
To all maidens out there, you already do enough by keeping the human species going; I wish to goodness you won't have to go through this particular method for childbirth. I'll just say this much.
And I hadn't had enough from just this.
I had to see this other one about a practice called Trepanation , that sounded real interesting from the caption, until I watched the infographic. Damn. Those ancient shamans were really doing this same thing, but for ritual purposes, to "expel the demons from the head".
It's gruesome. Neurosurgeons, you have my utmost respect.
Next up, I have Physics, two days later, a particular college's entrance exam.
Gotta crank up the effort now.
That's all, folks.
Meet y'all next time.


Comments
Post a Comment