dawn knocking at my door

29th April, 2022. 3:42 A.M. 

I'm not full of energy right now, so I'll keep it short. 

This will be my first blogpost here, and I want to share something i experienced, that i rarely feel nowadays: actual serotonin.

On 30th April, 10 A.M. IST, I'll have to appear for my first big entrance exam, and thanks to a certain virus and my own negligence, my Class 11th went horribly wrong, so I, like countless other hapless students have been here since morning trying to understand Ionic Equilibrium and Thermodynamics in one day. Suddenly my weird brain decided to start a ubiquitous European Classical music inside my head that I must have listened to on some reel or viral video or something. I did a quick search on Spotify, and found, or rather rediscovered, Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Score, and said, okay, lets go, and put the entire album on play.

While I've always loved classicals, today something happened that gave me thrills while listening to the album, which never happens to me. 


I realised.

That Spike Brandt used this same album for the one Tom and Jerry Movie that everyone in this country has watched in their childhood: 

Tom and Jerry: A Nutcracker Tale


Personally, nothing else affected my psyche in my childhood as much as the Tom and Jerry Movies. And even among them, Nutcracker was one filled with the wistful misty magical atmosphere that every kid dreams about.
With every single performance in the score, I replayed all those various  endearing scenes from the movie inside my imagination, and my entire body blossomed in goosebumps. That was another first for me.
Those songs are bombs of emotion in themselves, but when you add the nostalgia of one's own childhood into it, along with the wistful remembrance of times when we could be so happy, without a care in the world, without the burden of worldly knowledge, they become totally unique pieces of art that can only be understood fully and deeply by yourself in this whole wide world.

I feel better after listening to this score than I've ever felt after listening to any other album.
Though my body is real tired right now, my mind's happy.

I guess I'll collapse any second now.
Peace. 

29th April, 2022. 4:03 A.M.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one hectic year thanks to corona, I hope everything's fine by now ! And yes! Tchaikovsky's music is really good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't say things are going better, but they're still going, i haven't stopped trying yet, which isn't bad, i guess :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts